- Weber Minuteman Composite Squadron is 2014 Utah Wing Squadron of Merit
- Announcement Details
- UTWG Check Pilots:
After 7 years of serving with distinction, Maj David Young would like to give another Check Pilot in the Wing an opportunity to fill his BIG shoes. As DOV, Maj Young has overseen the Utah Wing Standards and Evaluations Program with superb diligence and led Utah Wing to have a top notch cadre of Pilots and Check Pilots.
This has been paramount in keeping Utah Wing flying and eliminating safety issues from occurring. Maj Young hands off a well lubricated and running Stan Eval Machine. We wish him the best in his next assignments within the Wing and CAP.
If you are interested in filling this position within the Wing, please submit this interest to me along with a flying resume. The Director of Standards and Evaluations (DOV) should be a FAA CFI and a CAP Check Pilot at minimum. We hope to fill this position soon and give the next DOV time to acclimate and train with Maj Young prior to the Compliance Inspection later this year.
Thank you ALL for your service!
JASON R. HESS, Maj, CAP
- UTWG Commercial Pilots - TOP Flights
- On March 1 at OGD and March 29 at PVU we need several Commercial Pilots with valid First/Second Class Medicals to fly Teacher Orientation Program Flights.
We will be using several UTWG Aircraft for each day with ferry flights to shuffle the aircraft.
Please advise Capt. Barry Albright or Capt. Timothy Cole of your availability to participate in this important Aerospace Education mission.
- New Wing Director of Finance
New Wing Director of Logistics/Transportation
New Wing Director of Communications
New Sevier Valley Cadet Squadron Commander and
New Cache Valley Composite Squadron Commander
- New G1000 Service Advisory Link
- UTWG G1000 Crews:
NHQ is now requiring, prior to release of any flights taking place with a G1000 equiped aircraft, that the PIC review the following page:
UTWG OPS will look at and confirm the applicability for you for our G1000 aircraft. However, please read through the attached docs ASAP and be prepared to answer in the affirmative once you have during your conversations with your FRO.
JASON R. HESS, Maj, CAP
- Wing Staff Positions Open
- Utah Wing Director of Standards and Evaluations (DOV).
- Utah Wing Legal Officer.
- All interested persons please submit your letter of intent and a CAP resume to: Capt Brain Cowan, Wing Chief of Staff
- The 2014 Utah Wing Encampment will be held at Camp Williams Army Base in Bluffdale, Utah.
- The Encampment will begin on Saturday, June 14th with graduation held on Saturday, June 21st 2014
- Check out the Cadet Programs page for more information.